Visit the Vransko Lake Nature Park and relax actively in the port of Prosika this weekend as well.
With the purchase of a entry ticket and the rental of kayaks or electric bicycles at the Prosika Info Center, free expert guidance and a guided tour awaits you in the period from Thursday to Sunday, July 22 -25 according to the following schedule:
FRIDAY, 22 – SUNDAY, 25 JULY:
– 12:00 – 13:00 h
– 13:00 – 14:00 h
– 15:00 – 16:00 h
– 16:00 – 17:00 h
• BORELLI’S PROSIKA or
• HERON FABLE AND GAMES FOR CHILDREN or
• FISH AND FISHING STORIES
GUIDED KAYAK OR ELECTRIC BICYCLE TOURS:
– 8:00 – 11:00 h
– 17:00 – 20:00 h
From kayak and bicycle tours you can choose:
• BIKE & HIKE UP TO TWO TOWERS: Prosika – Babin škoj – Osridak – Prosika (duration about 1 h) – more demanding tour
• BIKE UP TO KAMENJAK: Prosika – Kamenjak (duration about 2 h) – more demanding tour
• SHORT BIKE TOUR: Prosika info center – along the canal to the sea – obelisk and watchtower – Babin škoj – Jugovir – Prosika (duration about 1 h) – less demanding tour
• KAYAKING TO ŠKOJ: Lučica – Jugovir – tour of the bay Donja tonja – Babin škoj (duration about 2 h) – less demanding tour
• KAYAKING BY TONJA: Lučica – Jugovir – tour of Donja tonja – Babin škoj – tour of Gornja tonja bay (duration about 2 h) – more demanding tour
On Thursday, July 22, there is no afternoon guided kayak and bicycle tours (17:00 – 20:00 h) due to the tour Sailing to the Vransko lake.
Tours are for smaller groups or families. Kayak or bicycle tours lasting 2 or 3 hours are possible, and in the warmest times of the day in the shade of elms and with the music of crickets, expert guidance for individuals or families and games for children lasting from one hour.
Expert guides start in the beautiful Port of Prosika, on the shores of the lake in the shade of elm and chaste tree. On the canal that connects the lake and the sea, tour guides will tell you some untold stories about migratory fish, birds, drystone masonry and the former largest olive grove on the eastern Adriatic coast.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
• Why do the drystone hut exist
• Meet the species of fish
• Identify plant species of Mediterranean macchia
• Discover the tradition of drywall construction
• How the Prosika canal was built
• learn interesting facts about the biological importance of Vrana Lake
• meet bird species
• discover a rich history through archaeological remains
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
• Exploration and observation of nature
• Entering the traditional drystone wall hut
• Free play area by the lake
• Interpretation of traditional drywall construction and cultural heritage
Price list of entry tickets and rental of kayaks and electric bicycles, you can check HERE.
Registration is not required for participation in guided tours, but number of participants is limited so you can reserve your place for a guide or tour at: 097 602 5419
List of hotels and camps in Biograd na Moru and the surrounding area you can check HERE.
Keep up with nature and relax actively!