Volunteer Program “Drystone waller” is an opportunity to join us in the conseration of natural and cultural heritage. Sign up here:
Join us in renewing the dry stone wall of the greatest olive orchard in Dalmatia in the Vrana Lake Nature Park. Learn this traditional trade, master the technique and help rebuild the cultural and biological diversity of the Modrave olive orchards.
Duties and responsibilities
– renew dry stone walls – a layered construction set up of natural stones without the use of mortar
– learn and clean the vegetation which has overgrown the walls
– georeference the existing dry stone walls
– note down coordinates and photograph dry stone walls
– inform the public (visitors of the Park) of the renewal activities
– contribute to preserving the cultural heritage of the Park
Number of positions
5 do 15
From May to June and from September to October.
A minimum of 6 hours a day, 30 hours a week, i.e. 90 hours throughout the period of 15 days. The planned schedule includes rest breaks and longer lunch breaks of 1 hour.
– demonstrate interest in acquiring new knowledge
– open to spending time outdoors
– prepared for slightly more demanding physical work
– team work skills
Croatian and English. Volunteers from foreign countries must speak English in order to communicate with the Park staff and other volunteers.
Volunteering with a disability
The volunteering programme is not suitable for people with severe disabilities and physical and motoric difficulties.
Volunteers work in the area of the Modrave olive orchard, i.e. in the field of Modrava.