Birdwatching … all you need to know
If you do it right, birdwatching can be a real pleasure. Here, we are giving you some tricks and tips:
- Bionoculars to enable you identification of bird species from a distance.
- If you are very patient, you can use telescope with a tripod.
- ImageBirdwatching pocket guide.
- Small notebook and a pen.
- Repellent for insects.
- Comfortable shoes or boots with rubber plating.
- Comfortable outdoor pants, a shirt with long sleeves, sweater and a raincoat, try not to use bright colours.
- Hat during the summer period.
When and where?
- Any time is a good time, but spring and autumn bring the hightest variety of birdlife.
- Early morning or late evening before the sunset is the best time. That’s when the birds are active and you’re most likely to see them.
- Wetland and reedbed are the places where many birds hide or feed.
- If you are a real passionate birdwatcher, keep in mind that you should respect the place where you are, avoid any disturbance of the wildlife, move slowly, be quiet and enjoy your time in the nature.
- Small groups with a guide are recommended.
- Finally: there are many many things in the nature that can tell you where the birds are (their song, nests, feathers, egg shells and many more).
- In the Ornithological reserve you can watch birds from the birdwatching tower.